Video and Sound Production - Exercises

Exercises

During week 1, we were introduced to the basics of the class. We were shown how to do basic edits within premiere pro and the importance of sound design. We were also tasked with choosing 3 of our favorite stop motion videos. These videos can be seen below.

The first is a video titled "Fresh Guacamole" by PES
I had enjoyed this video due to its brilliant sound design, and the absurdity of it's overall "story".

The second is a music video for the song "Last Leaf" by the band OK Go
I enjoyed this video because of it's unique medium in which the stop motion took place. I had never seen stop motion using toast before so I found it very interesting.

Lastly is a video by a youtube group known as Corridor Digital titled "Stop-Motion Parkour"

The final video I enjoyed because instead of objects, real people were used which I found very interesting.

During week 2, we were to trim down a video based off a scene from Jessica Jones to 55 seconds or below. My version can be seen below.

We were also taught basics of sound design and how to equalize audio. The task was to equalize 6 different audios till they sounded the same as the flat audio. The eq's for all 6 can be seen below.


EQ for EQ 1

EQ for EQ 2

EQ for EQ 3

EQ for EQ 4

EQ for EQ 5

EQ for EQ 6
We were also to think about our stop motion project idea.  For my project, I know I want to do a medium other than clay, something unique like bread. The idea is still in the thought process but I want to create a story with unexpected twists in which the opposite happens of what you expect like the first video I had put. The visual style I would like to replicate is the first video. The selling point is the overall unexpected outcomes I would like to put forth. 

Below is also an exercise we had done to understanding type of shots with the shots within the video. 


We had also learned more about audio editing. We learned how create a telephone effect, a closet effect and a stadium effect. These audios can be heard below. 


Comments