10/14/2019 -10/21/2019
Ahmad Syaqiel Mohd Ashri (0338345)
Advanced TypographyProject 2
Lecture Notes
Week 8 (10/14/2019)
No lecture due to everyone focusing on their project 1 and 2.
Week 9 (10/21/2019)
No lecture but we were briefed about our final project.
Instructions
Project 2
To start off the project, I had taken my non-updated key art and attempted to create a poster first. I also attempted to create ideas with the shirt and tote bag. I was not content with the ideas I had come up with though, which would eventually result in the updated key art.
![]() |
| Figure 1: Creating poster |
![]() |
| Figure 2: Creating poster |
![]() |
| Figure 3: Creating t-shirt |
![]() |
| Figure 4: Creating t-shirt |
![]() |
| Figure 5: Creating t-shirt |
![]() |
| Figure 6: Creating t-shirt |
![]() |
| Figure 7: Creating tote bag |
![]() |
| Figure 8: Creating tote bag |
![]() |
| Figure 9: Creating tote bag |
![]() |
| Figure 10: Creating tote bag |
![]() |
| Figure 11: Creating tote bag |
![]() |
| Figure 12: Creating tote bag |
![]() |
| Figure 13: Creating tote bag |
Week 9
Below you can see a design for the tote bag which in the end became the new key art. From there I redesigned my poster and t-shirt to reflect this key art. These can be seen below as well as the collateral.
![]() |
| Figure 14: Creating tote bag |
![]() |
| Figure 15: Final Poster |
![]() |
| Figure 16: Final T-shirt |
![]() |
| Figure 17: Final tote bag |
![]() |
| Figure 18: Collateral |
https://project2sa.000webhostapp.com/index.html
![]() |
| Figure 19: Website |
Feedback
Week 8:
No feedback
Week 9:
Replace key art with bag key art and rework poster, need more "pizaz".
Reflect
Experience
Week 8; I found working on my project a struggle, especially coming up with a tote bag design because it felt like such an awkward medium. Week 9; After refreshing my idea, I found working on the other things very easy for me.
Observation
Week 8; I saw that the more focused on an idea, the harder it was to think about other things. Week 9; Cleansing the mind is always a good idea from my observations.
Findings
Experience
Week 8; I found working on my project a struggle, especially coming up with a tote bag design because it felt like such an awkward medium. Week 9; After refreshing my idea, I found working on the other things very easy for me.
Observation
Week 8; I saw that the more focused on an idea, the harder it was to think about other things. Week 9; Cleansing the mind is always a good idea from my observations.
Findings
Week 8; Sometimes we have to stop and take a break to come up with new ideas. Week 9; I found myself working at a better efficiency once I had found an idea I had liked.
Further Reading
Week 8 (10/07/19)Typography can make or break your design: a process for choosing type by Jonathan Z White
![]() |
| Figure 20: Typography can make or break your design: a process for choosing type by Jonathan Z White |




















Comments
Post a Comment