04/14/2020- 04/21/2020
Ahmad Syaqiel Mohd Ashri (0338345)
Brand Corporate IdentityProject 1B
Lecture Notes
Week 2 (4/22/2020)
The second lecture we went through everyone presentation about what is a brand. We had also watched a short film composed entirely of brand logos.
Week 3 (4/28/2020)
For week 3 we learn about the different types of brand marks. Things such as word marks, are logos that are strictly type based.
Week 4 (5/5/2020)
In this lecture, we were taught about brand positioning, brand personality, and what to do with our mood boards. Brand positioning is essentially the spot you want to be in a consumers perspective. Brand personality are the characteristics a brand attempts to personify. Mood boards are used to communicate a feeling of the idea you want to go for.
Instructions
Project 1B
The assignment for this project is to create an ongoing list of 20 logos weekly that we have analyzed. Below is my ongoing list of logos.
Feedback
Week 2: It was suggested that we divide our presentation in a far easier method of looking at such as other classmates had done. The overall presentation was good and everything that was needed as present.
Week 3: I was recommend to look further into the logos, specifically the background information to get an understanding of the brand overall and their logo. Week 4: It was said that my observation and analysis was precise. There was also a good range of variety of logos. Week 5: Absent Week 6: No feedback
Reflect
Experience
I thought this project was interesting because it let me understood certain logos in way that I would've never known before. The considerations that some designers would take on how they designed it and the history behind some logos. Though I did get quite bored of it near the end.
Observation
I saw that people would try to find projects that would center around the idea of their brand which was a good idea to aid not only in this project but the design our own brand idea. I think this method of getting the understanding to aid other projects was really good.
Findings
Experience
I thought this project was interesting because it let me understood certain logos in way that I would've never known before. The considerations that some designers would take on how they designed it and the history behind some logos. Though I did get quite bored of it near the end.
Observation
I saw that people would try to find projects that would center around the idea of their brand which was a good idea to aid not only in this project but the design our own brand idea. I think this method of getting the understanding to aid other projects was really good.
Findings
I found myself being burnt out from this project near the end because of its repetitiveness and how much work there was for it when I felt that other assignments were more important. I wished there was a lower number of logos required each week as we were tasked to do 20 logos but only 5 were seen each week.
Further Reading
Designing Brand Identity by Alina Wheeler

I saw this book in my brothers room and I essentially was attracted to it through its use of colors at first. I did not realize the subject but found it to be perfect for this class. This book essentially covers the whole aspect of designing a brand identity, and not just from a visual sense but every detail of a brand. I'm glad I was able to find this book.
Comments
Post a Comment