Brand Corporate Identity - Project 2

04/14/2020- 04/21/2020 
Ahmad Syaqiel Mohd Ashri (0338345)
Brand Corporate Identity
Project 1A

Lecture Notes

Week 1 (4/15/2020)
The first lecture was a simple brief on the module and the assignments to come. 

Week 2 (4/22/2020)
The second lecture we went through everyone presentation about what is a brand. We had also watched a short film composed entirely of brand logos. 

Week 3 (4/28/2020)
For week 3 we learn about the different types of brand marks. Things such as word marks, are logos that are strictly type based.

Week 4 (5/5/2020)
In this lecture, we were taught about brand positioning, brand personality, and what to do with our mood boards. Brand positioning is essentially the spot you want to be in a consumers perspective. Brand personality are the characteristics a brand attempts to personify. Mood boards are used to communicate a feeling of the idea you want to go for.

Instructions


Project 2
During this project we were to design our brand logo. These would be done by doing 20 sketches each week. These are seen below. 



Feedback

Week 2: It was suggested that we divide our presentation in a far easier method of looking at such as other classmates had done. The overall presentation was good and everything that was needed as present.

Week 3: I was recommend to look further into the logos, specifically the background information to get an understanding of the brand overall and their logo. Week 4: It was said that my observation and analysis was precise. There was also a good range of variety of logos. Week 5: Absent Week 6: No feedback

Reflect
Experience
I really liked this project in the beginning because it felt very relaxed as it was just drawing out ideas. The longer we spent time on it, the more I grew bored and stressed from it. This was because when we were rounding out our ideas, I felt it was hard to come up with multiple variations of one idea that we were already so focused on.

Observation

I saw that once I had an idea, I would get very focused around that idea and try to come up with variations early on.  At first I did this because I simply wanted to meet the number requirement but slowly I put a lot more time into ideas because I wanted to be more considerate in the design process.

Findings
I found myself growing as a designer in this logo design process as time went on. The more we did it, the more I had to push my brain to think on variations and why that variation could work. I really liked that I was growing from this process. 

Further Reading
Designing Brand Identity by Alina Wheeler
Designing Brand Identity: An Essential Guide for the Whole ...


I saw this book in my brothers room and I essentially was attracted to it through its use of colors at first. I did not realize the subject but found it to be perfect for this class. This book essentially covers the whole aspect of designing a brand identity, and not just from a visual sense but every detail of a brand. I'm glad I was able to find this book.

Packaging the Brand by Gavin Ambrose and Paul Harris
Packaging the Brand: The Relationship Between Packaging Design and ...   


I essentially read this book because I had founded it from looking up sources and information for my dissertation because it had to do with packaging design. The book goes to show how the two aspects of packaging design and branding actually go together when I thought they were more separate. It goes to show the importance of every aspect that one takes in designing for a brand, that is even applied to things such as packaging.     

Comments