Brand Corporate Identity - Project 3

04/14/2020- 04/21/2020 
Ahmad Syaqiel Mohd Ashri (0338345)
Brand Corporate Identity
Project 3

Lecture Notes

Week 1 (4/15/2020)
The first lecture was a simple brief on the module and the assignments to come. 

Week 2 (4/22/2020)
The second lecture we went through everyone presentation about what is a brand. We had also watched a short film composed entirely of brand logos. 

Instructions
Project 3
For this project we would have to create our brand and it's creative brief. This would be done in a presentation in the end. All the work that I had done that led up to the presentation is seen below. 

Below is the presentation. 


Feedback

Week 2: It was suggested that we divide our presentation in a far easier method of looking at such as other classmates had done. The overall presentation was good and everything that was needed as present.
Week 3: I was recommend to look further into the logos, specifically the background information to get an understanding of the brand overall and their logo. Week 4: It was said that my observation and analysis was precise. There was also a good range of variety of logos. Week 5: Absent Week 6: No feedback

Reflect
Experience
I like coming up with ideas for this project because I was essentially free to do anything with it as my project was quite "out there". It wasn't a common brand so it gave me a lot of free room to work with. I liked this open idea of a project.

Observation

I observed that when I was stuck, l would look towards examples of my classmates works that we would see during class. I think this really helped not just me but others as from that gave inspiration to me and others. 

Findings
I found myself stuck and unsure on how I wanted my brand to really look at the beginning but after looking at a lot more examples I started to get into the idea of what I wanted everything to look like. This just goes to show on helpful references are. 

Further Reading
Designing Brand Identity by Alina Wheeler
Designing Brand Identity: An Essential Guide for the Whole ...


I saw this book in my brothers room and I essentially was attracted to it through its use of colors at first. I did not realize the subject but found it to be perfect for this class. This book essentially covers the whole aspect of designing a brand identity, and not just from a visual sense but every detail of a brand. I'm glad I was able to find this book. 

Packaging the Brand by Gavin Ambrose and Paul Harris
Packaging the Brand: The Relationship Between Packaging Design and ...   


I essentially read this book because I had founded it from looking up sources and information for my dissertation because it had to do with packaging design. The book goes to show how the two aspects of packaging design and branding actually go together when I thought they were more separate. It goes to show the importance of every aspect that one takes in designing for a brand, that is even applied to things such as packaging. 

Comments