Brand Corporate Identity - Project A

05/30/2020- 07/15/2020 
Ahmad Syaqiel Mohd Ashri (0338345)
Brand Corporate Identity
Project A

Instructions



Project A

Week 7

During this week we were tasked figuring out the ideas behind our brand applications.




Week 8

For week 8, I created a rough layout of what I had wanted my brand guidebook to look like as well as work on my application. 



Week 9

I continued working on my applications this week. 



Week 10

More progress was done on my applications which are seen below.

Week 11

After more feedback I went back to working on my applications and to look further into the idea of my star animation which I had created a rough mockup of. 
Mock of brand animation


Week 12

This week I had done the first iteration of my brand animation as well as further refinements on brand applications though there is no image of it due to forgetting to save a copy. 




Week 13

This week I completed my brand animation and my applications with only minor refinements left. 



Week 14

This week I worked on my mockups which are seen below.



Week 15

This week was the final submission. These submission files are seen below. 



Feedback

Week 7: I should look further into sci-fi ideas for my application as my idea is a large project ex. space suits. I should also see to stick to one color and refine the stroke of my logo. Week 8: Mockups that are in the style of sketches are allowed as long as it gets the image and idea across. The idea for my brand layout was good but needs to be further seen with the application. Week 9: Figure out how to create a difference between passenger and staff. Week 10: Attempt to use more graphic elements and create more interesting visual layouts using these elements. Focus on application. Week 11: Try to break the designs apart more, to create a more dynamic environment for the applications. Refer to examples as well as look further into star animation. Week 12:Cleanup the strokes, try white logo animation till end for the brand color. Spend more time on suit and ship. Rework typography section for brand guide book. Week 13: Maybe try to get rid of icons and move layout around for applications for more information

Week 14: Adjust layout so it matches all to layout of design applications. Work on mockups through photo manipulation. When zooming on details, try to make it less visually noisy and try using circles instead. Adjust typography page.

Reflect
Experience
I felt this project was very interesting mainly because I had really liked my idea being "out of this world" with the space theme. It's not everyday you get to create a fake space travelling brand. Though I liked doing the design applications I felt it was very hard when it came to creating some of the mockups, because there are no real images but I tried my best to get the same idea across.

Observation

Throughout this project I saw that all my classmates had vastly different ideas and it was interesting to see what considerations they took for their brands and how they designed it. No one person had the same idea which I think helped because everyone's ideas were great.

Findings
I found myself getting very tired looking at the same thing over and over again but to avoid this problem I avoided certain aspects I would get bored of and try to work on something else till I would have to return to it. I found this way of working worked for me but it may have also costed me in some aspects if they were important details. 

Further Reading
The Medium is the Massage: An Inventory of Effects by Marshal McLuhan & Quentin Fiore

I had picked up this book as I was looking around my brothers room. I looked at it because it was a very eye catching design. The meaning of the book is placing the important about the power of the medium rather than the content itself. It's a very interesting read as it's quite dated but the view of Marshall McLuhan can still be applied today. 

Comments