06/15/2020 - 07/13/2020
Ahmad Syaqiel Mohd Ashri (0338345)
Packaging and Merchandising DesignProject 2
Lecture Notes
Week 10 (06/15/2020)
Instructions
Project 2
Week 10 - Week 14
For this project we had worked along with the bioscience department and made packaging for their final product. For our project, the product was a on the go breakfast alternative. The details are seen below.
All the progress and work through out the weeks are seen in the presentation below.
Week 15
Below is the submission for Project 2.
Feedback
Week 10: The starting ideas are okay but look for more references and generate ideas from there
Week 11: For the logo look towards the subway logo as a reference
Week 12: Work on the logo, on the negative spacing and the movement of it
Week 13: Suggested to have an indication on what's inside on the box on the outside.
Week 14: No feedback
Reflect
Experience
Week 10: It's interesting to have this experience working with a "client" and at the same time doing it with another person. Week 11; I felt stuck on ideas especially trying to work with a group mate. Week 12; I felt that we were spending too much time on small aspect of the packaging when there was a lot more work to do. Week 13; I struggled a lot this week because the packaging design wasn't what the client's expected which built a lot of stress. Week 14; Feels good to finally be done with this project.
Observation
Week 10; I saw the other projects that my classmates had which was quite interesting. Week 11; I saw that when people have two different ideas its quite hard and aggravating when it comes to working it out. Week 12; I saw that a lot of my classmates had a lot of progress in comparison to my work. Week 13; I saw that people used mockups they had already found which was different to me because I had to create my own mockup due to the box not existing. Week 14; I saw that people had begun slowing down on this project as we had caught up with their work.
Findings
Experience
Week 10: It's interesting to have this experience working with a "client" and at the same time doing it with another person. Week 11; I felt stuck on ideas especially trying to work with a group mate. Week 12; I felt that we were spending too much time on small aspect of the packaging when there was a lot more work to do. Week 13; I struggled a lot this week because the packaging design wasn't what the client's expected which built a lot of stress. Week 14; Feels good to finally be done with this project.
Observation
Week 10; I saw the other projects that my classmates had which was quite interesting. Week 11; I saw that when people have two different ideas its quite hard and aggravating when it comes to working it out. Week 12; I saw that a lot of my classmates had a lot of progress in comparison to my work. Week 13; I saw that people used mockups they had already found which was different to me because I had to create my own mockup due to the box not existing. Week 14; I saw that people had begun slowing down on this project as we had caught up with their work.
Findings
Week 10; I found working with clients an interesting experience. Week 11; I found that looking to references is a good idea when stuck. Week 12; I found myself falling behind due to other projects taking priority. Week 13; I found that once my work was reduced, I could relax and focus a lot better. Week 14; I find working with group mates in this setting of online hard because it's hard to get a point across sometimes.
Further Reading
The Medium is the Massage: An Inventory of Effects by Marshal McLuhan & Quentin Fiore
Fig 1: The Medium is the Massage: An Inventory of Effects by Marshal McLuhan & Quentin Fiore
I had picked up this book as I was looking around my brothers room. I looked at it because it was a very eye catching design. The meaning of the book is placing the important about the power of the medium rather than the content itself. It's a very interesting read as it's quite dated but the view of Marshall McLuhan can still be applied today.

Comments
Post a Comment