Packaging and Merchandising Design - Final Project

06/29/2020 - 07/13/2020
Ahmad Syaqiel Mohd Ashri (0338345)
Packaging and Merchandising Design
Final Project


Instructions



Final Project

Week 12 - Week 14
For this project, it played off project 2. We were tasked to make merchandise for the product. This essentially meant that we had worked on the packaging and the merchandising at the same time. Progress of the merchandising can be seen in the same slides from Project 2 from Week 12 onwards. 



Week 15

Below is the submission for the final project.



Feedback

Week 12: No feedback as we just got approved 

Week 13: Try to work the green arrows on the spine better 

Week 14: No feedback

Reflect
Experience

Week 12; I felt that we were spending too much time on small aspect of the packaging when there was a lot more work to do. Week 13; I struggled a lot this week because the packaging design wasn't what the client's expected which built a lot of stress. Week 14; Feels good to finally be done with this project.

Observation

Week 12; I saw that a lot of my classmates had a lot of progress in comparison to my work. Week 13; I saw that people used mockups they had already found which was different to me because I had to create my own mockup due to the box not existing. Week 14; I saw that people had begun slowing down on this project as we had caught up with their work.

Findings

Week 12; I found myself falling behind due to other projects taking priority. Week 13; I found that once my work was reduced, I could relax and focus a lot better. Week 14; I find working with group mates in this setting of online hard because it's hard to get a point across sometimes. 

Further Reading
The Medium is the Massage: An Inventory of Effects by Marshal McLuhan & Quentin Fiore
(7/1/2020)

Fig 1: The Medium is the Massage: An Inventory of Effects by Marshal McLuhan & Quentin Fiore

I had picked up this book as I was looking around my brothers room. I looked at it because it was a very eye catching design. The meaning of the book is placing the important about the power of the medium rather than the content itself. It's a very interesting read as it's quite dated but the view of Marshall McLuhan can still be applied today. 

Comments