Creative Brand Strategy - Project 3

10/26/2020 - 11/23/2020

Ahmad Syaqiel Bin Mohd Ashri (0338345)

Creative Brand Strategy

Project 3

Lecture Notes 

10/26/20 (Week 10)

This week we were shown how the project 3 was supposed to look like. Mr Mike had showed us one of our seniors works as an example. He had also told us about brand storytelling.   

Instructions

Project 3

Week 11 

For project 3 we were to make an ebook and branding. Below are slides of some sketches I had. The sketches were how I wanted my video to be like with a storyboard and just some sketches on how the posters/keyart would look like.

Week 12

I did not have a lot of work to show this week, with a basic video that I did not like. I scrapped it after the meeting and started from scratch. 

Week 13

I showed my ebook and a rough draft of my video. My first draft of the ebook can be seen below.  

Week 14

This week I completed my ebook and the video. This is seen below. The applications are also seen below. 



Feedback

Week 13

When I showed my brand book to Mr. Mike, the feedback I had gotten was that it was lacking in excitement. The excitement that should be there with X Games. He gave me examples to look at to help me understand this. Mr. Mike had also told me to have more elements in my video as they only showed up in the end.   

Reflection

After completing and looking back at this project, there is a lot of things that I wish I had changed. Working on the X Games idea, I felt that I was following too close to the idea of X Games. Specifically the typefaces I had used. I thought they were good looking but at certain points I feel they could be stronger, such as the cover. I think there are aspects of this project which I will never be happy with and feel that I can improve upon but I believe that is a general reflection of who I am. As I develop my skills, I hope to limit this idea and come to a point where I am happy with my own work but am still able to improve. 

Comments