01/05/2021 - 01/29/2021
Ahmad Syaqiel Bin Mohd Ashri (0338345)
Information Design
FLIP
Lessons
Week 1
During our first week of class we were briefed on what to expect from the coming classes. We were run through the assignments we would be working on and explained to us what was information design.
Week 2
Within the 2nd week our classmates had taught us, through the FLIP presentations. The first flip presentation was on the type of infographics there are. Some small examples of them were statistical, timeline, process, infographics etc. The second flip presentation shown this week was on the LATCH system which was for our 2nd exercise. The LATCH system stood for location, alphabet, time, category, and hierarchy. This was to help in sorting data in a better clear way.
Week 3
Week 3 was the third flip class in which my group and I had taught about chunking. Chunking is the process of grouping data in a more legible manner so that the brain can process it. This is done with the help of Miller's Law of +/- 7.
Week 4
During the last week of lectures, the final FLIP presentation was on Manuel Lima's 9 directive manifestos. These 9 were; form follows function, interactivity is key, cite your sources, the power of narrative, do not glorify aesthetics, look for relevancy, embrace time, aspire for knowledge, and avoid gratuitous visualizations.
Instructions
FLIP
The flip below is about Miller's Law and Chunking. This presentation was created by my group and I.
Reflection
Experience
Doing the flip presentation was a unique experience because instead of the content being taught to us, we were the one to teach the content. I felt that this helped me understand the concepts better because I had to do the research along with my groupmates.
Observation
After doing the flip presentation and watching another group present on the same topic, I saw how similar yet different the way people teach and learn can be based on how they absorb knowledge.
Findings
From this FLIP class I found myself better understanding of Chunking since I had to read into it so that I would know enough to be able to explain to my peers.
Comments
Post a Comment