01/05/2021 - 02/19/2021
Ahmad Syaqiel Bin Mohd Ashri (0338345)
Information Design
Final Project
Instructions
Final Project
Week 1
During week 1 I was not in a group but my to-be group had chosen to focus the final project on the misinformation about microwaves. This presentation is seen below.
Week 3
For week 3, the story board was shown. Originally the story board was done wrong but was remade. The remade story board as well as the art style and transition style was also shown within this progress presentation.
Week 4
For week 5 the animatic was shown to demonstrate roughly how the project would look.
Week 5 - Week 7
Throughout this week the final outcome was being animated by Zhi Vei. The final outcome is seen below.
Feedback
Week 1
We were suggested during our presentation to add information about the history of the microwave.
Week 2
During week 2 Mr Shamsul suggested that we explain why certain objects should not be inside the microwave as well as show what kind of appliances also emit radiation.
Week 3
This week, the feedback we had gotten was that it was better to have bland colored backgrounds for the bright colored objects. We were also to improve the storyboard as we did it wrong the first time. As for the transition styles we showed in the presentation, Mr Shamsul liked the first one.
Week 4
For week 4 we got two feedbacks from the 2 classes per week. The first set of feedback was to make sure there was text to explain what the screen is showing. We also needed to plan our animation. That week we also showed our animatic. The feedback for the animatic was that Mr Shamsul had wanted to see the visual assets next week to understand how our final product would look. As for the VO, he said it was really good. It was also suggested that background music and sound effects were used but not too much as it would overwhelm the video.
Week 5
This week we showed progress on our visual assets, we were not done with it yet but we were told to be more consistent and careful with our assets when making them.
Week 6
During week 6, we showed our visual assets again. Mr Shamsul said we needed to be careful with the outlines used because the thickness was not consistent. Mr Shamsul also said the assets at the moment did not look similar so we had to go back and make sure it's consistent.
Week 7
We showed our final outcome to Mr Shamsul and he said the video is okay. The only suggestion we had got was to improve the transition of the years so that it was more like a timer.
Reflection
Experience
Working on this project has felt quite odd because it has been a group project but at the same time it has felt quite individual. I feel it was like this because of the pandemic and working from home. In order for things to be cohesive the work was split in ways that allowed this to be possible. This meant that some people would have harder jobs such as making the assets and animating etc. I think this project would turn it different if we were all together as working would work differently.
Observation
Observing my group I found that we worked quite well. I also found that a lot of people had strengths such as animating. This is because I was having difficulties animating as I've never really done many motion graphics. I thought this the same of my group mates but as a person took the role of animating I found the final outcome to look very good even though they've never done motion graphics.
Findings
After completing this project I found a further appreciation for motion graphics. I had always thought they were quite simple but looking at all the effort and layers there were for our project I have come to find myself appreciating motion graphics even more. I hope to improve my motion graphics before I graduate so that I can have it as a skill under my belt.
Comments
Post a Comment