02/02/2021 - 02/19/2021
Ahmad Syaqiel Bin Mohd Ashri (0338345)
Information Design
Project 1
Instructions
Project 1
Week 5
During the first week of the project, we were to choose a video from the pasta grannies website that we would base our infographic on. The video I had chosen is seen below.
I chunked the information and also created a rough sketch with the colors and motifs I would use. These are seen below. The idea I had wanted is to focus on the grannies sledding and the "fun" aura they had. So I created two mountain slopes that would be made of the filling and the dough.
![]() |
| Fig 5: Sketch idea 2 |
![]() |
| Fig 6: Digitization idea 2 |
Week 7
After some feedback I reworked the shadows of the snow tracks to make it look better. I also played around with the title text to continue with this "fun" theme I had. The final outcome is seen below.
![]() |
| Fig 7: Final outcome |
Feedback
Week 5
The feedback I got this week just approval of my breakdown.
Week 6
I was told the texture/shape of the snow track looks odd, try to look to ice cream swirls to figure out how to do it better. Also make sure to jazz up the title to reflect the rest of the piece.
Reflection
Experience
Working on this project was very enjoyable because I feel that as a graphic designer the importance of information being presented in a legible and interesting manner while maintaining aesthetics is very well present in this course, let alone project. Working on an interesting subject such as "Pasta Grannies" was also enjoyable because it made rewatching the video and trying to get the feel of the people and the video fun. If the subject was something that I was uninterested in, I feel the project may turn out differently.
Observation
It's interesting to me when I had seen my classmates work that though people may have the same video and same subject, their outcomes and how they tackle the problem are different. I think this reflects their personalities and the different types of designers there are.
Findings
I found working on the project to be very beneficial to myself. I feel that improved my ability to transmit information using design. I hope to further improve this skill for as a designer, that is the most crucial part to me. Being able to transmit information within an visually aesthetic way.






Comments
Post a Comment