5/4/2019 - 5/7/2019 (Week 1 - Week 14)
Ahmad Syaqiel Mohd Ashri (0338345)
Typography
Final Compilation and Reflection
Ahmad Syaqiel Mohd Ashri (0338345)
Typography
Final Compilation and Reflection
Instructions
Exercises
Project 1: Text Formatting and Expression
Project 2: Font Design
Final Project: Expression, Hierarchy and Composition
Submissions
Project 1: Text Formatting and Expression
Fig 2.1: Text Formatting and Expression (Above)
Reflect
Experience
Reflecting back on the semester, it's been a wild ride. From the first day of being intimated by what was expected of us as typographical designers from Mr Vinod and Mr Shamsul the last class where things still feel just as daunting but at the same time easier in a way. Though I believe that's how design will always feel like, it never gets easier. It's more about pushing ourselves past the point where we feel like giving up... that's where "okay" designers become "great" designers. Where the real ideas come from. I believe I would not have learnt that without the struggle of this module.
Observation
I've noticed that I subconsciously look at type a lot more in my everyday life, trying to decipher what was the process and idea behind the decisions made to make the final product seen. This is clear evidence of how much the module has affected me.
Findings
Writing this reflection, I've realized that this module is only "typography" and that next semester waits "advanced typography" showing there is so much more to learn. It makes me nervous yet excited knowing there is so much to learn about the world of typography and design in general. We never stop learning even when we get our degree though. Everyday we learn and that makes us better designers each day.










Comments
Post a Comment