Publishing Design - Final Compilation and Reflection

Ahmad Syaqiel Mohd Ashri (0338345)
Publishing Design
Final Compilation and Reflection 

Exercises

Project 1

Project 2

Final Project

Exercises
Book Mockup 


Fig 1: Sizings between A4 and A5
Fig 2: Singular page of chosen size
Fig 3: Full mockup book of chosen size
Van De Graffe

Fig 4: Physical Van De Graaf


Fig 5: Digital Van De Graaf

Fig 6: Digital Van De Graaf with words


Signature

Fig 7: Signature book
Layout

Fig 8: Layout exercise 1

Fig 9: Layout exercise 1.2

Fig 10: Layout exercise 2

Fig 11: Layout exercise 2.2

Movement


Fig 12: Movement exercise



Fig 13: Movement exercise with color


Fig 14: Movement exercise with color and image


Fig 15:Movement exercise with color, image and text

Project 1

Figure 17: Content generation


Figure 18: All 16 visuals

Project 2

Final book link: 

Fig 19: Final book thumbnails jpeg 1
Fig 20: Final book thumbnails jpeg 2


Fig 21: Final book thumbnail pdf


Fig 22: Final book spread 1


Fig 23: Final book spread 2

Fig 23: Final book spread 3

Fig 25: Final book spread 4

Fig 26: Final book spread 5


Fig 27: Final book spread 6

Fig 28: Final book spread 7


Fig 29: Final book spread 8


Fig 30: Final book spread 9


Fig 31: Final book spread 10

Fig 32: Final book spread 11


Fig 33: Final book spread 12


Fig 34: Final book spread 13


Fig 35: Final book spread 14

Fig 36: Final book spread 14

Fig 37: Final book


Fig 38: Book mockup

Final Project
Figure 39: Hallway gif

Figure 40: Beach gif

Figure 41: Squeeze gif

Figure 42: Shiver gif

Figure 43: Falling gif 

Figure 44: Hug gif

Figure 45: Monster gif

Figure 46: Laptop gif

Figure 47: Nurse gif

Figure 48: Smile gif

Figure 49: Shower gif

Figure 50: Hands gif

Figure 51: Lights gif

Figure 52: Bleeding gif

Figure 53: Jumpscare gif

Figure 54: Cover gif

Figure 55: Ebook thumbnails 1

Figure 56: Ebook thumbnails 2

Figure 57: Ebook thumbnails 3

 
Figure 58: Ebook thumbnails pdf


Figure 59: Final ebook pdf

Figure 60: Final ebook epub


Reflect

Experience

Even though this was not the 1st semester of this program, it felt difficult to get a hang of things with the new method of teaching and environment. With the situation of the virus, we had to learn to adapt. I found it to be a difficult time as with the new way, I would be cooped up in my room infront of my computer everyday. In the beginning this felt okay but as time went on, I started to feel burnt out. It took a lot in me to push forward and get myself to complete the work but I would say I'm proud of coming this far. Maybe if things were different my work would look different but with everything going on, I can say I'm not disappointed with the work I've accomplished. Mr Vinod, was a great teacher and adapted well to this new form of teaching. Even if we weren't in class to receive his feedback, he still gave us the feedback with the same amount of force that would make us understand how we could improve things. Without it, my work would probably look horrid. All in all, this experience was bearable. 


Observation

Throughout this semester I've observed how this new learning system had affected not only me but others. I found it to be a hard semester because the lack of interactivity that you get from physical classes weren't present. You weren't able to do certain things that only physical classes allowed. Though with all this going on, I feel that a lot of my classmates and I kicked into something that may have given us our best work for certain projects. Others I feel that if I had the drive I would've done better. 


Findings

I found this class to be challenging but also not so quite. This was most likely because through the multiple semesters with Mr Vinod, he has prepared us well with the vast knowledge he has taught us. Though a lot of us stumbled through the semester at times, with us having to relearn things, it showed us the importance of the little details that we must always remember. How they are always applied even if its not the same class and module, you take the things you learned and apply them to everything you do. 

Comments