Packaging and Merchandising Design - Final Compilation and Reflection

Ahmad Syaqiel Mohd Ashri (0338345)
Packaging and Merchandising Design
Final Compilation and Reflection


Exercises

Project 1

Project 2

Final Project

Exercises




Project 1

 

Project 2




Final Project


Reflect
Experience

I really enjoyed this class, and understanding the details of packaging. I felt that this class was most impacted by the online learning situation. This class is all about feeling and seeing our products. We were stuck to the materials we had. Working on group projects also felt different as we were just texting and not physically seeing the work together and pointing out things. Other than that I enjoyed the class and what it had taught.

Observation
I observed that packaging design can go in many different directions. The many different aspects of it that people can differ in. I saw how people worked, especially with the group projects. It was interesting to see how they'd work with their clients and how their style influenced their work.

Findings
I found that this class relies on the physical side heavily. There were aspects that we could only learn about but not use such as materials and the difference it makes in construction of our packaging, on the printing, how it affects our designs etc. We also couldn't use the printer to easily and precisely test out our mock ups that required larger papers. 

Comments